13 Major ports of India - Detail GK- Location - Importance
2. Mumbai Port - Maharashtra
ow known as
Jawaharlal Nehru Port)
New Mangalore Port - Karnataka
6. Cochin Port - Kerala
7. Tuticorin Port - Tamil Nadu
8. Chennai Port - Tamil Nadu
Ennore port (Corporate)- Tamil Nadu
11. Paradip Port- Orissa
12. Haldia port- West Bengal
13. Port Blair- Andaman
Mainland: 5422.6 km. Island Territories: 2094 km
2. Which Indian state is having longest coastline?
Ans : Gujarat
3. What is the total number of Major ports in India?
4. How many Indian states have coastal line?
5. Which state has least coastal area ?
6. Which is the Tidal Port in Gujarat ?
7.Which is the deepest land-locked port in India ?
8. Which is the Southern most port in India ?
Ans: Tuticorin port
9. Which is the major riverine port in the east coast of India?
9. Which port in India is known as 'Jewel of all ports' ?
10. Which South Indian major port has an artificial harbour?
11. Which is the largest port of India ?
Ans: Mumbai Port
12. Which is the major artificial deep port situated at the confluence of river Mahanadi and Bay of Bengal?
13. India's first port in the private sector:
Ans: Port Pipavav (Gujarat)
14. Which is the largest private port of India?
Ans: Mundra Port
15. First special economic zone in India :
Ans: Kandla Port
16. Which is the only corporatised major port in India?
Ans: Ennore Port (Kamarajar Port Limited)
17. Which state in India has highest number of ports?
Ans: Maharashtra (53 ports)
18. Indian Ports Association (IPA) was constituted in the year:
19. Which is the only major port of Karnataka?
Ans: New Mangalore Port
20. Which major port in Kerala lies on two islands, Wellington and Vallarpadam?
Ans: Cochin Port
21. Which port was renamed Deendayal Port ?
Ans: Kandla Port
22. Port Trust of India was formed in the year:
23. Mazagon Dock Limited which manufactures warships and submarines for the Indian Navy is situated at:
24. Which Major port has an artificial lagoon type harbour?