1.Which is the hot dry winds blow over the western and central parts of the Northern plains during summer?
2. The pre monsoon shower in Karnataka during April is known as:
3.In eastern and north east India, violent thunderstorms occur mostly in the evening during the summer is known as:
4.Which local wind has the nickname of the Snow eater?
5.The tornadoes are associated with which type of clouds?
6.Which is the largest ocean current of the Indian ocean?
7.Monsoon winds are examples of ____ type of winds.
8.Which kind of winds is Roaring Forties, Furious Fifties and Shrieking sixties?
9.Which type of winds are found in the tropics towards the Earth's equator?
10. Which are the prevailing winds in the middle latitudes between 35 & 65 degree latitudes?
11.What does a Beaufort scale measure?
12.Who coined the term 'cyclone' to describe the devastating storm of December 1789 in Coringa, India?
13.Name of the warm, dry, downslope wind descending the lee side of the Alps:
14. Which scale is used to measure strength or force of a tornado?
15.The abnormal weather pattern that is caused by the warming of the Pacific Ocean near the equator, off the coast of South America is called:
16. Meaning of El Nino is
17.The wind which helps the ripening of grapes:
18. Name the wind which blows from the Alps over France towards the Meditterranean sea through the Rhone Valley:
19. Which Egyptian navigator discovered the route of monsoon winds?
20. Which is the popular book of Alexander Frater which reveals the story of his journey through India in pursuit of the astonishing Indian summer monsoon?