1.What was Buddha's original name?
2.Gautama Buddha, the founder of Buddhism was born in the year:
Ans: BC 563
3. Gautama Buddha was born in the place:
Ans: Lumbini near Kapilavastu.
4. Name of father of Gautama Buddha
5. Who was the Mother of Gautama Buddha?
6. Who is known as Light of Asia ?
Ans: Gautama Buddha?
7. Who was the foster Mother of Gautama Buddha?
Ans: Prajapati Gautami (His aunt)
8. Who was the wife of Gautama Buddha?
9. What was name of horse of Gautama Buddha?
10. Who was the son of Buddha?
11. Gautama Buddha got enlightment at the age of :
12.Where did Buddha attain enlightenment?
Ans: Bodh Gaya
13. Who donated the Jetavana monastery to Buddha?
14. Nirvana means:
Ans: Enlightment of Buddha
15. Buddha is said to have attained Enlightenment at Bodh Gaya on sitting under which tree?
Ans: Pipal tree
16. Which king offered Siddhartha the throne ?
17. Who is the author of the book 'The Light of Asia' which tells the story of Buddha in poetic form?
Ans: Edwin Arnold
18. 'Buddhacharita' is an epic poem in the Sanskrit mahakavya style on the life of Gautama Buddha by :
19. In which year Buddha die?
Ans: 483 BC
20. Where did Buddha die?
21. Four Noble Truths are part of which religion?
22. Who convened the first Buddhist council in 400BC ?
23. Where did the first Buddhist council took place?
24. In which year was the second Buddhist council?
Ans: 383 BC
25. Venue of second Buddhist council was:
26. Second Buddhist council held under the presidency of:
27. Second Buddhist council held under the patronage of the king:
28. Third buddhist council held under the patronage of king Asoka in the year:
Ans: 250 BC
29. Who presided over Third Buddhist council?
30. Fourth Buddhist council was held at Kashmir under the patronage of the king:
31. Who presided over the fourth Buddhist council held at Kashmir?
32. Fifth Buddhist Council took place in 1871 under the patronage of King Mindon held at:
Ans: Mandalay, Burma
33. During which Buddhist council Buddhism was divided into two sects Mahayana and Hinayana?
Ans: Third Buddhist Council
34. Sixth Buddhist Council was held in 1954 at:
Ans; Kaba Aye, Burma
36. The religious books of Buddhism were written in which language?
Ans: Pali or Prakrit