Objective : The objective of this Scheme is to encourage skill development for youth by providing monetary rewards for successful completion of approved training programs.
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) is the flagship outcome-based skill training scheme of the new Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE).
- Fund Allocation- The scheme will be implemented with an outlay of 1, 500 crore rupees.
- It will provide industry relevant, skill based training for 24 lakh Indian youth .
- Under this scheme, the trainees will be offered a financial reward and a government certification on successful completion of training and assessment, which will help them in securing a job for a better future.
- Rewards candidates undergoing skill training by authorized institutions at an average monetary reward of Rs. 8,000 (Rupees EightThousand) per candidate.