Rural Landless Employment Guarantee Programme
Launched on: August 15, 1983
Objective: Employment to landless farmers and laborers
- Totally Centrally financed programme.
- Guaranteed employment of 100 days.
Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana
Launched on: 25 September 2001
Objective: Providing gainful employment for the rural poor
- The programme was implemented through the Panchayat Raj institutions.
- Formed by merging the provisions of Employment Assurance Scheme (EAS) and Jawahar Gram Samridhi Yojana (JGSY).
- Fund is shared between centre and state in the ratio 75:25.
Prime Minister’s Rozgar Yojana
Launched on : 2nd october 1993
Objective: To assist educated unemployed youth to set up self-employment ventures.
Central Government sponsored program.
i) 18 to 35 years for all educated unemployed.
ii) 18 to 40 for all educated unemployed in North-East States, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand and J&K.
iii) 18 to 45 years for Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes, Ex-servicemen, Physically Disabled and Women.