Integrated Child Development Scheme (ICDS)
Launched on: 1975
Target Group: Children under 6 years of age and their mothers.
- Comes under the purview of the Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD).
- Services are provided from Anganwadi centres established mainly in rural areas and staffed with frontline workers.
- Programme is also intended to combat gender inequality by providing girls the same resources as boys.
- It is Centrally sponsored with the state governments contributing up to ₹1.00 per day per child.
- Services:Immunization, Supplementary nutrition, Health checkup, Referral services, Pre-school non formal education, Nutrition and Health information
Jawahar Rozgar Yojana (JRY)
Launched on: 1st April 1989
Objective: Employment for the unemployed and under-employed persons in rural
- Formed at end of 7th Five Year Plan by merging National Rural Employment programme (NREP) and Rural Landless Employment Guarantee Programme (RLEGP).
- 80:20 cost sharing basis between the centre and the States.
- From 1999, JRY was replaced by Jawahar Gram Samriddhi Yojana.
- The main target audience of this plan was the people below poverty line.
- This plan which works towards its main aim of providing 90 to 100 days of employment to people residing in the rural and most backward areas is the biggest employment generating programmes in the country.