Important study notes about CAG of India.
- Present Chairman : Shashi Kant Sharma
- He is 12th CAG of India.
- CAG audits all receipts and expenditure of the Government of India and the state governments.
- CAG is also head of Indian Audits and Accounts Service(IAAS)
- Established by the Constitution of India under article 148,
- CAG is mentioned in the Constitution of India under Article 148 – 151.
- CAG is appointed by President of India.
- Tenure of CAG is 6 years or 65 years,whichever is earlier
- First CAG of Independent India is Narahari Rao