Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY)
Launched on : 25 December 2000.
Objective: To create a hunger free India
- By this scheme government provides the poor BPL families 35 kilograms of rice and wheat at Rs.3 & Rs.2 per kg. respectively.
- 'Antyodaya Ration cards' are issued to such families who have the income of less than Rs. 250/- per capita per month.
- A Green coloured ration card is issued to the Antyodaya beneficiaries.
Balika Samridhi Yojana
Launched on : 15 August 1997.
- To change negative family and community attitudes towards the girl child at birth and towards her mother.
- To improve enrolment and retention of girl children in schools.
- To raise the age at marriage of girls.
- To assist the girl to undertake income generating activities.
- Implemented in both rural and urban areas.
- The mothers of newborn girl children are given a post delivery grant of Rs. 500/.
- Annual Scholarships given to the girl child for attending school.
- The plan is being applied through local ICDS facilities in non-urban places and through functionaries of Wellness Division in towns.
- Girls born after Fifteenth Aug,1997.
- Girl children belonging to families below the poverty line are given benefit.
- The advantages are limited to two lady kids in a family regardless of number of kids in the family.